I’m posting late for day’s 15 and 16 although I wrote my information in a food journal. One thing I probably haven’t emphasized enough is the need to keep a good food journal while you’re on your detox and for weight loss purposes. A food journal is a private and intense way to help you take control of your eating and eating habits. By tracking what you eat and when you eat it, an analysis can be done to determine how your health is developing. These daily posts are a basic example of a food journal type posting.
A more formal posting and one that provides better information will include much more detailed information. For instance, here is what you can post in a food journal to make it a real accounting of how food consumption works in your life.
1. the exact foods your eat and the amount. Even a “Handful” should be counted.
2. The weight or volume consumed. For instance, 8 ounces or 1 pound.
3. The servings. For example, did you have one serving of an 8 ounce portion or 3?
4. Time of day you ate the food. For instanc,e how long after rising in the morning did you eat breakfast?
5. Atmosphere you ate in. That is, was it at home, in a restaurant, walking down the street eating an ice-cream, etc.?
6. How you felt after eating. Were you stuffed? Did you feel sick? Did your stomach hurt? Were you satisfied?
I haven’t shared all of these information with you in my daily journals. The purpose has been to get you thinking about doing a detox of any length, either lengthy or short. If you decide to work with me on a detox you will learn to develop this information for your own benefit.
As for my food consumption for day 15, I have to say I really did enjoy my own Lentil soup. After having a green smoothie for breakfast I ate my homemade lentil soup for lunch. It was very filling and hearty consisting solely of lentils and a variety of vegetables including red bell pepper, onions, garlic, celery, and some kale. I think that it was warm helped me enjoy it. The raw foods are great but I enjoy hot foods.
For dinner, it was a great salad with half an avocado. The salad was just spinach, cilantro, parsley, celery, and so on. A little oil and vinegar, salt and pepper made it complete. Of course I added a few handfuls of raw nuts and raisins as snacks. Overall, a good day.